Mandatory energy audit in compliance with NF EN 16247-3
Mandatory energy audit in compliance with NF EN 16247-3 (Industries)
Analysis of the energy use, utilities and manufacturing processes.
Instrumented audit with on-site measurement campaign.
Identification of money-saving levers and potentials of improvement.
Technical/organizational recommendations and quoted solutions with return on investment.
Assistance in the implementation of the recommended measures.
The decree No. 2013-1121 dated December 4, 2013 sets the limits for the annual statement of accounts/turnover/staff above which a company will have to undergo an energy audit:
- More than 250 employees, or
- Yearly turnover exceeding 50 million Euro, or
- Total annual statement of accounts exceeding 43 million Euro
The order and decree No 2014-1393 dated November 24, 2014 sets the method of the mandatory energy audit in compliance with the standard NF EN 16247 Parts 1 to 4 with the synthesis elements to specify in the report.
- Energy audit conducted by an external body qualified in compliance with the standard NF X 50-091 or a competent internal auditor.
- Scope of the energy audit: at least 80% of the energy invoice of the company identified by a Business Registration Number (SIREN), by derogation, at least 65% for audits conducted before December 5, 2005.
- Exemption from the energy audit obligation, if the company has implemented an ISO 50001 certified EMS for all activities within the scope of audit.